2019 Safety and Training Committee Meeting
The Florida Municipal Electric Association Safety and Training Committee meets quarterly to exchange information on current safety and training issues and developments in the electric utility industry. Committee members share and review in-house safety and training policies and practices. Discussions include improving on the delivery of training programs, workplace accidents, accident preventions, ergonomics, safety education and illnesses prevention. The Safety and Training Committee reviews and updates the criteria for the Annual Safety Awards and the Florida Lineman’s Assistance Fund.
- Meeting call to order/self-introductions
- Presentation and roundtable discussions
- Update 2019 Florida Lineman Competition hosted by GRU
- Energy Connections Conference October 9-10, Kissimmee
- Safety and Lineworkers Training Breakout Session Program Development
Who Should Attend?
This meeting is open to all safety specialist/managers, training specialist/managers, field inspectors, accident investigators, worker compensation managers, line supervisors, foreman and utility lineworkers.