Code of Conduct Policy for FMEA Meetings
Attending Florida Municipal Electric Association (FMEA or the Association) meetings, whether as an attendee, exhibitor, speaker, or an FMEA staff member, should be a positive, productive, welcoming and safe experience for all. The Association expects all meeting participants to display the highest level of personal and professional integrity. This applies to all FMEA events, including in-person meetings and roundtables, virtual meetings, and online webinars and trainings.
Expected behavior at all times:
- Be considerate and respectful of others
- Be fair and honest and act in good faith
- Be aware of how language and images may be perceived by others, even if not so intended
- Follow the rules of the venue of the meeting
- Do not abuse alcohol or drugs
- Abide by all state and federal laws which prohibit the exchange of information among competitors regarding price, refusals to deal, markets division, tying relationships and other topics which might infringe upon antitrust laws and regulations
The Association will not tolerate any harassment, intimidation, exclusionary behavior, illegal discrimination or actions by meeting attendees which lead to a less-than-welcoming community environment. The list below is not meant to be an exhaustive list, but is representative of unacceptable behaviors:
- Verbal or physical abuse or harassment
- Threats of violence
- Inappropriate verbal or written comments about a person’s gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, religion, national origin or any other characteristic protected by law
- Suggestive, derogatory or inappropriate nicknames or terms
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Personal attacks or other disparagement of the views of others
- Verbal disruptions
Violations of the Code of Conduct for Association Meetings
Anyone who feels unsafe or threatened should call 911 immediately.
Those subjected to, or witnessing, possible violations of this code of conduct should report all such potential violations to an FMEA staff member on site and/or to FMEA’s Executive Director (email@example.com) and/or General & Regulatory Counsel (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Any meeting attendee engaging in unacceptable behavior will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including expulsion from the current and all future meetings, with no warning or refund.
You may also electronically sign the Code of Coduct and Cancellation Policy here.