Apprentice Water Technician - OUC
OUC - The Reliable One, an industry leader and the second largest municipal utility in Florida committed to serving the community and the environment, is presently seeking an Apprentice Water Technician to join the Electric & Water Distribution division.
We are looking for a highly dependable, service and safety-oriented apprentice who enjoys working outdoors with an eagerness to learn and support our vision of being an innovative solutions leader and the partner of choice.
In this role, you will gain on-the-job experience by learning all aspects of the construction and maintenance of a potable water distribution system which includes pipe laying, water services, fire hydrants and metering until advancement in the journeyman job ladder to Water Technician III is accomplished.
OUC’s mission is to provide exceptional value to our customers and community by delivering sustainable and reliable services and solutions. Click here to learn more about what we do.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must possess a current and valid Florida Driver’s License
- Ability to perform physical activities and/or perform work in extreme weather conditions
- Familiarity with materials, equipment, and water utility work methods (preferred)
- Familiarity with water, plumbing or mechanical systems (preferred)
- Use of the following equipment: (preferred)
- Trucks (e.g. 56000 GVRW, crew/dump trucks)
- Hydraulic equipment
- Mechanical tools/devices associated with water utility work
- OUC offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our Total Rewards package includes, to cite a few:
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision benefits and paid life insurance premiums with no probationary period
- Retirement benefits include a cash balance account with employer matching along with a health reimbursement account
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Educational and Professional assistance programs; Paid Memberships in Professional Associations
- Access to workout facilities at each location
- Paid Conference and Training Opportunities
- Free downtown parking
Salary Range: $17.30/hr - $19.29/hr (estimated $35,990.24 - $40,127.36 annually)