2023 FEMA Procurement Workshop for Florida Public Power Utilities
About the Workshop
The FEMA public assistance process following a hurricane or other emergency situation is arduous. In order for storm-related purchases to be eligible for FEMA reimbursement, specific procurement policies and procedures must be followed.
This workshop will cover a review of FEMA procurement requirements, recommendations and best practices from previous events, and an updated Public Power Procurement Toolkit that will include templates and worksheets to ensure compliant processes and procedures for spending federal grant funding.
About the Speaker
Michelle Zaltsberg, Shareholder, Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
Baker Donelson’s Disaster Recovery & Government Services Team provides legal and regulatory advice, training, and consulting services in the areas of disaster preparedness and recovery, with a focus on helping clients navigate FEMA’s Public Assistance program, among other grant programs.
Who should attend?
- Utility Directors
- Finance Managers and Specialists
- Procurement Managers and Specialists
- Legal Counsel
- Grants and FEMA Managers and Specialists
- Registration is open to FMEA member utilities ONLY
- No cost – registration is required for catering purposes
- Lunch provided
- If you are unable to attend in person, a virtual link can be provided. Please indicate virtual option when you register and login information will be sent to you at a later date.