Administrative Specialist III - Ocala Electric Utility
This is an administrative position providing general clerical services and related duties specific to the department. Within scope of responsibility, exercises independent judgment, initiative and discretion based on knowledge of applicable administrative policies and procedures in performing daily activities. Work involves routine contact with officials of the City, customers, and the public. Exercises trustworthy service, courtesy, tact and diplomacy in dealing with others. Work can be of a highly confidential nature and involves the skilled use of a computer. Works under assigned supervision.
Examples of Duties
- Correspondence: Prepares memos, letters, forms, statements, reports and correspondence on a variety of subjects from simple to complex.
- Record Keeping: Maintains files and various records for the department.
- Customer Service: Communicates clearly and courteously to deal with people by phone, in person, in writing and in some departments by two-way radio.
- Reports: Compile, research and prepare various complex reports which may include: payroll, petty cash, travel, budget and billing, etc.
- Administrative: Schedules appointments, meetings and makes travel arrangements. May attend meetings taking notes and transcribing dictation.
- Payroll Clerk: Prepares payroll and maintains departmental records.