Assistant to the City Manager - City of Jacksonville Beach
This position provides responsible, professional administrative support to City Administration and the City Council; does related work as required. Work is performed under the administrative direction of the City Manager and Deputy City Manager; requires independent judgment and initiative.
The work is sedentary work requiring the exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects. The work requires mental acuity including the ability to make rational decisions through sound logic and deductive processes. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hearing: Required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels.
- Manual Dexterity: Picking, pinching, or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Repetitive Motion: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers.
- Vocal Communication: Required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Visual Acuity: Required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities.