Customer Service Representative – City of Lake Worth Beach
Under general supervision, responsible for handling customer questions, payments, complaints, and billing inquiries with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism to resolve customer issues with one stop resolution.
ESSENTAIL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives inquiries from customers, contractors, and other city departments by telephone, email, fax, or in person.
- Answers customer requests or inquiries concerning services, products, billing, and equipment.
- Verifies customer account and active services using various databases and software applications.
- Researches customer account information to explain services, charges, and adjustments.
- Logs customer complaints, creates service requests, and route to the appropriate department(s).
- Receive utility payments through mail and in person and post to proper account. Balance at end of day.
- Assist customers in establishing new service. Also assist with closing or transferring accounts.
- Collect money for new services and deposits.
- Maintains and files generated service requests.
- Other duties as assigned.