Director Corporate Strategy - JEA
Provide governance, oversight, execution and support for JEA's strategic planning process, ensuring alignment to JEA's mission and values, executive priorities and long-term planning assumptions. Develops structure for and facilitates corporate business reviews focused on strategy implementation and performance. Leads development of JEA's long-term strategic plan, coordinating across the company to create and implement plans based on measure for success that support JEA's strategy.
- Responsible for the development and facilitation of JEA's business planning process, working directly with the Leadership Team to ensure implementation of strategic plans.
- Responsible for managing monthly Leadership and bi-weekly Extended Leadership Team meeting agendas as relates to discussion topics and strategic direction.
- Responsible for the continued development and organizational penetration of JEA's three strategic corporate focus areas - Earn Customer Loyalty, Deliver Business Excellence and Develop an Unbeatable Team.
- Develops, implements, and monitors strategic direction and business plans in coordination with the Leadership Team to achieve organization goals and objectives related to organizational process improvement.
- Conduct research and partner with Leadership Team to understand industry trends; identify business growth and repositioning opportunities; analyze the value and risks of large capital investments; and shape JEA's long term strategic plan with a focus on best models and initiatives for municipal utilities.
- Leads JEA's annual strategic planning process, provides periodic updates and communicates strategy throughout the organization.
- Consults with business units to provide leading-edge concepts, programs, and initiatives, including process improvement opportunities.
- Prepares Agenda Items and presentations for the JEA Board of Directors and stakeholder groups related to strategic initiatives.
- Assists in preparation of operational and capital budgeting, analysis of revenues, operations, financial and accounting analyses of business terms/agreements and their impacts on JEA customers, regulatory requirements etc. in coordination with appropriate JEA teams.
- Works effectively with process owners ensuring effective handoff procedures, practices and measurements.