Electric System Operator - City of Ocala
Date postedMay 22, 2023
Posted By: Career Center,
This is a highly technical position responsible for the daily operation of the electric utility system and dispatching of line crews using SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) and radio systems on a rotating shift basis. The position troubleshoots and evaluates system conditions and dispatches crews to resolve service problems.
Examples of Duties
- Monitors status and operates electrical system using SCADA computers and other programs to diagnose electric problems or respond to customer complaints.
- Administers and directs switching and tagging operations and restoration of the distribution system, transmission lines, and substations following system disturbances by use of the SCADA system.
- Coordinates daily work efforts such as switching and tagging, issuing work tickets, coordinating trouble crew assignments, and responding to power outage complaints and related activities.
- Keeps detailed records on daily activities, such as outages, schedules, timesheets, loading, interruptions, and switching.
- Uses the SCADA, OMS (Outage Management System), Automated Callout System, and IVR (Interactive Voice Response) programs in the daily operation of the electric system.
- Dispatches service crews, line crews, and substation personnel as required and coordinates restoration efforts.
- Performs administrative and routine office tasks such as typing, emailing, phoning, copying, maintaining files, etc.
- Communicates with other employees, agencies, and the general public politely and clearly in person, by radio, telephone, and written communications.
- This position requires the employee to be capable of working a shift by themselves within (12) months of employment.
- Ability to read, understand and use electrical symbols, maps, and circuit diagrams, as well as equipment and operations manuals to restore service and operate the power system.
- Writes and executes switching orders and issues clearances on lines and substation equipment in a manner that will ensure the safety of personnel and equipment.
- Ability to distinguish color.
- Maintains accurate records of facilities and equipment status changes by updating computer maps in the OMS schematic one-lines, etc.
- Availability during emergencies is required.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned
To view complete description and to apply visit here.