Electrical Engineer - Beaches Energy Services
This position performs difficult professional work in the design, planning, and maintenance of an electric transmission and distribution system; does related work as required. Work is performed under the regular supervision of the Electrical Engineering Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plans and designs electrical distribution and transmission systems, substations, underground services, etc.
- Performs engineering analysis of electrical transmission and distribution systems.
- Prepares work orders and detailed drawings of system construction and extensions.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and files.
- Determines optimum system loading and load distribution.
- Coordinates electrical utility functions with other utilities.
- Assists with the acquisition of real estate, easements, etc.
- Designs the installation of electrical transformers, switch configuration, etc.
- Participates with and assists consultants with system design and installation.
- Assists with resolving customer problems.
- Meets with contractors, builders, and owners in planning the design of electrical service for their projects.
- Reviews new electrical plans from developers, consultants, and engineers.
- Inspects and manages on-going projects.
- Designs electrical distribution system extensions and modifications.
- Assists with staff training program.
- Performs related tasks as required.