Lineman - City of Lake Worth Beach
City of Lake Worth Beach invites qualified individuals to apply for the position of Lineman.
This is a Non-Exempt, Full-Time position based on a 40-hour work week with an hourly range of $37.86 - $44.67. This position is part of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) collective bargaining agreement. The individual in this position will work out of the Utilities Building located at 1900 2nd Ave North, Lake Worth Beach, FL 33460.
In addition, this position offers:
- Vacation and Sick Leave Accruals
- 14 Paid Holidays
- City of Lake Worth Beach Medical Benefits that include Life Insurance, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Plan
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position will climb poles to repair, replace; or construct power lines, lightning arrestors, insulators, transformers, street lights, capacitor banks, switches, circuit breakers, cross arms, graces, guys and related over head and underground distribution and transmission equipment
- Monitors electrical loads and circuits by use of ammeters, altimeters, ohmmeters, and related testing equipment, splices cable replaces fuses and locates and clears short circuits and other sources of power failures, makes adjustment to increase or decrease voltage
- Uses hot sticks, switch stick, fuse pullers, rubber gloves and other safety equipment to repair energized and de-energized lines and circuits
- Handles a variety of emergency problems during and after storms
- Sets meters, makes load check and provides other customer services as required
- Oversees crew when Foreman is absent.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of methods, materials and tolls used in line construction and maintenance work
- Knowledge of principles of electric theory
- Knowledge of first aid, including artificial respiration
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to climb poles and work ate moderate heights to handle high voltage wires
- Skill in the use and care of line tools and testing equipment
- Physical strength and agility to do strenuous manual work under varying weather conditions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of satisfactory apprenticeship as an Apprentice Lineman or any combination of training and/or experience
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
Current and valid Florida “Class B” Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).