Manager, Planning & Project Management - OUC
OUC – The Reliable One, an industry leader as the second largest municipal utility in Florida, is looking for qualified individuals to be part of our growing team. Our mission is to provide exceptional value to our customers and community through the delivery of sustainable and reliable services and solutions. We are looking for self-motivated, creative professionals to support achieving our vision of being an innovative solutions leader and the partner of choice. Bring your seven (7) plus years of experience managing enterprise wide complex projects and programs to OUC.
We are seeking an individual for a position as a Mgr, Planning & Project Management in the Strategic Planning & Process Improvement Division.
The Manager Planning & Project Management leads the Planning & Project Management Office (PPMO) in providing strategic, enterprise wide support related to: strategic and operational planning; project management services and governance; and portfolio management. Leads and motivates a team of Project Managers and provides leadership throughout the entire lifecycle on approved projects. Develops and enhances processes related to enterprise-wide and internal planning, project management, and portfolio management. Manages projects for and provides related consultation on selected strategic initiatives.
Manage and lead the PPMO staff to provide direction of day-to-day activities, including, but not limited to, employee coaching, development, and performance evaluation; set strategies and goals for the PPMO that directly connect to OUC's corporate strategies;
- Lead the development of the portfolio strategy and delivery plan, a portfolio stakeholder engagement and communication plan, and an annual portfolio-level project benefits realization plan; ensure the overall integrity and coherence of the portfolio of projects selected;
- Analyze the portfolio and make recommendations on the program/project mix to senior management by seeking to ensure the portfolio activities contribute to the bottom-line value of the organization and delivery of benefits from all programs and projects;
- Oversee all programs, projects, and interdependencies; ensure that projects are completed on time, in budget, in scope and that the project objectives and ROI are met; ensure detailed project plans are created and used to manage milestones and dependencies; work to resolve and report anomalies or areas of concern to senior management;
- Lead Operational Planning processes to ensure the portfolio delivers on long-term strategic objectives and short-term operational priorities;
- Drive prioritization of projects across the organization, designing and delivering methods to assess organizational capacity, as well as ensure the overall integrity and coherence of the portfolio;
- Lead and maintain effective communications with relevant key stakeholders, fostering the development of positive relationships, to ensure that the best information is available to support decision making; keep leadership informed of new and changing project within the organization; provide frequent and effective communication to the project team and executive leadership;
- Manage centralized tracking, auditing, and reporting processes to support visibility into Strategic & Operational Plan execution;
- Responsible for the design, governance, training, and management of all phases of project management including templates, standards and methods; ensure processes and templates are maintained in line with industry best practice while ensuring they are fit for purpose to OUC;
- Create buy-in of PPMO methods, tools and templates while elevating the practice of project management at OUC; establish, cultivate, and train a community of Project Management professionals;
- Work to become a valued business partner with leadership by eliciting their needs and providing integrated project solutions addressing upstream and downstream impacts; develop and maintain a customer-focused approach to the delivery of timely, accurate, appropriate information and advice.
- Ensure PPMO staff provide high quality, evaluative thinking, and evidence informed analysis and advice to the Executive Leadership Team and other key stakeholders;
- Continuously improve planning and project management processes in keeping with OUC’s organizational maturity and readiness; continuously improve/enhance OUC’s planning and project management methodologies and prioritization model;
- Support the analysis of strategic initiative outcomes; identify root causes when initiatives deliver below expectations (i.e., better implementation, better strategic visioning/ideation, etc. needed);
- Support strategic planning exercises with the executive and extended leadership team;
- Lead multiple cross-functional teams in the delivery of complex enterprise projects;
- Develop and manage the department and enterprise project budgets, which include overseeing the budget/cost functions; additional responsibilities include creating purchase orders, work orders and paying invoices;
- Evaluate and align talent to current and future business needs; mitigate talent risks;
- Support and maintain an effective work team; foster a culture of respect and continuous learning;
- Develop, measure, and take action on performance metrics for teams and individuals within the business unit; communicate performance expectations, support staff professional goals, and brief all related issues, initiatives, and actions, risks or concerns with Leadership;
- Manage selection and promotion procedures including reviewing applicants and interviewing potential new employees to effectively recommend candidates for open positions within the business unit;
- Perform other duties as assigned.