Meter Technician III - City of Bartow
Date postedMarch 13, 2023
Posted By: Career Center,
Performs advanced skilled work in the testing, repair, maintenance and installation of electric meters. Work is performed under regular supervision.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Tests, calibrates, repairs and installs both single and three phase electric meters;
- Maintains records of test results, meter locations, and related information;
- Checks meters for low or no consumption;
- Repairs broken meters;
- Checks in-house records against customer service records to ensure multipliers being used are correct;
- Tests, researches and evaluates new meter technology;
- Installs and maintains metering equipment for three phase service over 200 amps;
- Makes on-site testing of existing meter services;
- Build and maintains meter systems as required;
- Troubleshoots electrical problems throughout the system;
- Initiates electrical detail schematics and substation modifications for scada system;
- Reviews and modifies scada monitoring schematic for current data;
- Develops standard electrical hook-up drawings for meter-to-meter connections and transformer hook-up;
- Prepares and maintains records.
- Performs related tasks as required.
To view complete description and to apply visit here.