Supervisor, T&D - New Smyrna Beach Utilities
This position is responsible for supervising all electric transmission, electric overhead, and electric underground distribution activities. The incumbent is responsible for the efficient operation of these areas, and the coordination of activities with other departments, governmental agencies, and the public.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Exercises general supervision over the Electric Transmission and Distribution Division. Makes recommendations to and confers with the Director of Electric Operations regarding division activities, general policies and goals.
- Schedules and supervises personnel; conducts fair and honest performance appraisals, identifies and manages employee development needs, coaches and assists employees with job-related concerns, and establishes and maintains a positive, safe, and productive working environment.
- Assists with department operating and capital expenditure budgets submitted for approval and operates department within the approved budgets.
- Plans, develops, and supervises all scheduling and maintenance for work activities involved in electric operations, including technical support. Assists in cost estimates for proposed maintenance or repair jobs.
- Performs regular worksite visits to assure that personnel are following all applicable safe work practices and policies. Also assures that work is being performed in a productive manner.
Maintains labor and material records.
- Conducts continued studies and reviews on-the-job methods, construction standards, and equipment utilization in an effort to improve efficiency and service.
- Confers with operating supervisors, engineering personnel, and consultants on new facilities, operating problems, and technical questions that may arise.
- Creates and develops policies/procedures and prepares technical reports for continued system improvement and quality control.