Systems Programmer Analyst I - FPUA
Position Summary and Qualifications
The minimum salary for this position is $26.06 per hour.
Salary assigned will be commensurate with experience.
Systems Programmer Analyst I produces detailed and logical work requiring communication with end users to gain an understanding of needs, gather and analyze business processes and software requirements, and ultimately develop reports, statistical information and applications. Responsible for entry level, web-based and reporting solutions that facilitate decision-making processes and convey organizational information in relation to developing and maintaining websites. Furnish user support for other areas as required by the Information Technology Services department. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Systems Analyst Supervisor, with projects being completed in a team-based environment with other Information Technology Services staff members.
(NOTE: There are also secondary functions, which the employee will be required to perform.)
Works with other programming staff and/or end users to plan, develop, test and implement business solutions using a variety of tools and languages including, but not limited to; VB.net, ASP.net, PHP, and other programming and web scripting languages.
Maintains, modifies and enhances existing programs and scripts.
Facilitates entire development lifecycle including analysis, design, testing, and implementation.
Creates and modifies programs and scripts from specifications developed by others.
Modifies applications and programs in the appropriate programming language and implements system changes and solutions for existing applications.
Documents programs and subsystems for the users of the systems, as well as, other I.T. Services personnel.
Assists with data extraction, import functions, and administration of MS-SQL.
Performs database backups and restores.
Maintains SQL jobs and SSIS packages and internal database relationships and views for each access to data.
Creates and modifies reports and statistical data using report-writing software to provide information to employees and external requestors.
Acts as liaison between FPUA Departments and software vendors as needed.
Produces web-based and data sharing solutions in concert with senior level positions and various departments.
Addresses customer requests for troubleshooting failures and questions, takes corrective actions by interpreting problems, and providing first-level technical support for hardware, software, and network systems.
Develops, maintains and assists users with MS Office products including Microsoft Office Add-In’s.
Assists with the implementation of packaged software upgrades as well as enhancements, and fixes.
Logs and documents all system and application changes.
Interfaces with users to provide technical for systems, applications, web sites. Assistance, with training and the evaluation of system needs in discussions involving system maintenance and modification requirements.
Tests systems and modifications; compiles, tests, and debugs modified programs.
Contacts software vendors to resolve problems with their software products.
Trains others in the use of application, programs, and methods of extracting and compiling data.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited college with a four (4) year degree in computer science, information systems, or related field. Plus, a minimum of two (2) years related experience to include, but not limited to, proficiency in SQL Reporting Services (SRS), VB.net, .Net framework and ASP.net. The following certifications are desired: MCTS, CIW Web Foundations Associate, and/or CompTIA i-Net+.
When considering new job applicants, any combination of education and experience in a computer programming related field may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
Considerable knowledge of:
- Report writing tools including Crystal Reports and/or SQL Reporting Services.
- Entry-level system programming languages and tools, including, but not limited to, VB.net, VBA, .NET framework and ASP.net using Visual Studio 2010 or later.
- Entry-level RDBMs, specifically MS SQL Server, such as development tools, queries, and database backup, recovery and disaster recovery procedures.
- Entry-level web technology and applications, including HTML, CSS, XHTML, XML, DHTML, PHP, CGI; web publishing authorware and graphic design software, such as Dreamweaver, and Photoshop.
General knowledge of:
- Principles and techniques used in the preparation of computer programs.
- Operation, uses, and capabilities of installed computers and related equipment.
- Write and modify programs, applications and/or scripts.
- Resolve entry-level analytical challenges by demonstrating logical reasoning and problem solving abilities.
- Maintain operations and programming documentation.
- Communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Work in a team environment within a customer service oriented organization.
- Work with end users either in a one on one basis or in a group for the purposes of
- Complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Handle multiple tasks and meet project deadlines.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- React to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned.