Water Technician III - OUC
OUC - The Reliable One, an industry leader and the second largest municipal utility in Florida committed to serving the community and the environment, is presently seeking a Water Technician III to join the Electric & Water Distribution division.
We are looking for a water technician apprentice with experience in construction and maintenance of pipe laying, water service, fire hydrant installation and water meter sets & exchanges. This a great opportunity for an experienced apprentice to gain a solid foundation needed for career advancement to Journeyman level work (Water Technician I) at OUC.
OUC’s mission is to provide exceptional value to our customers and community by delivering sustainable and reliable services and solutions. Click here to learn more about what we do.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- CDL Class A Driver’s license required within 6 months of promotion;
- One (1) year training as a Water Technician Apprentice.
- FDEP Level 3 Water System Distribution Operation License is preferred, but not required
- OUC offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our Total Rewards package includes, to cite a few:
- Low-cost medical, dental, and vision benefits and paid life insurance premiums with no probationary period. Retirement benefits include a cash balance account with employer matching along with a health reimbursement account
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Educational and Professional assistance programs; Paid Memberships in Professional Associations
- Access to workout facilities at each location
- Paid Conference and Training Opportunities
- Free downtown parking
- Hybrid work schedule
- Salary Range: $22.15 - $24.90 (Est. $ 46,086 - $51,810 annually - will receive a review every 6 months)
Location: 3800 Gardenia Ave, Orlando, FL 32839